advent christmas hope
advent christmas joy
advent christmas love
advent christmas peace
good vs evil
identity in christ
lack of fruit
mid year review
mix it up
new years theme goals
reason for writing
recovering from christmas
st patricks day
suicide mental health spiritual health
the week after
things killing the church
why men hate church pastor idols pulpit
why men hate church spirit of guilt
Why Faith Is Greater Than a Leprechaun
March 17, 2020
Learning to Love
February 15, 2020
What Would Jesus Do?
April 19, 2019
As I celebrate 33 years of living here on Earth, I would like to provide you with some lessons I have learned that are significant. There are 33 thoughts; however, they are in no particular order.
1. Your faith may be all you have when your back is up against the wall. Keep praying. Keep fighting.
2. You choose who you allow into your heart and into your Story.
3. You will have haters. Everyone has haters. Ignore them. Don’t pay them any mind unless what they say about you is true.
4. Mental and spiritual health are important. It is time to start teaching this to EVERYONE--not just the church folks and the “professionals”.
5. When you go through darkness in your Journey, the Lambs and the Wolves in your life will surface. The Lambs will offer you grace. The Wolves will offer you shame and guilt.
6. Our time on Earth is not guaranteed. Do stuff that matters now.
7. Retirement is not the time to build a legacy. That should happen in the present day.
8. Parenthood is hard work. Whoever told you it was easy was on drugs or watched too many Disney movies.
9. Marriage is hard work too. Whoever told you is was easy-----refer to #8.
10. No one is perfect and no one has it all together. If you think so, you are well deceived and they are great at acting.
11. Truth wins.
12. Love wins.
13. Compliment people. It will rock their world.
14. God’s “calling” looks different for everyone.
15. More women need to hear they are beautiful. And not in a Kim Kardashian way either. Tell them.
16. More men need to hear they are strong. And not in a Hulk way either. Tell them.
17. Life's not fair sometimes. Don't worry about fairness. Worry about righteousness and doing the right thing even when it makes you stand out.
18. Guard your heart. Be careful where you throw it.
19. There is no perfect church. It was no longer perfect the moment you and I walked in the door. We must get over this.
20. Everything has a cost. Money, time, energy, emotions---everything costs us.
21. Don't be like everyone else. That is boring.
22. Invest in other people. The rewards for them are better than any stock market gains.
23. Invest in yourself. You cannot care for others until you care for yourself.
24. Being vulnerable with others and God takes courage. It exposes the good and bad.
25. Keep a creative spirit.
26. Everyone’s spiritual journey looks different.
27. We live in a life of Good and Evil. Remember this.
28. There is an agenda behind what we do. What is the real reason we are doing what we do?
29. God has a purpose for everyone.
30. True friends will see you at your very best and at your very worst. Let them know that they are great.
31. Thank you cards and words of truth speak louder than a Facebook comment.
32. Know your circle of influence. Know their needs. Know their hearts.
33. “Practicing what you preach” does not mean beating people with Bible verses. It means showing love and helping others seek freedom.