If you are overwhelmed, tired, or need hope.....here are 10 things to try today to bring restoration to your life. You might even bring hope to others too! :-)
1. Spend the day NOT watching the news.----I don't care who you are voting for or why but we need to unplug from the news. Try it for just today and see how you feel tomorrow, doctor's orders!
2. Engage your brain.---Do something that you love that involves using your brain. Read a book or create some art. Work in your garden or write in your journal, blog, etc.
3. Don't be a troll.----Yes, we are all nosy Americans and social media has only made this worse. We tend to enjoy living under the bridge and merely being a bystander instead of being engaged. Today, get on Facebook and actually COMMENT on other folks' posts.
4. Take a nap.----A short nap will rejuvenate your soul and your body.
5. Spread the love.----Write some thank you cards or emails to people who are awesome in your personal or professional life. They probably need it.
6. Plan your week.----Spend 10 minutes with your calendar (home/work) and map out how your week will unfold. This will ease your anxiety tomorrow if you wake up with a "case of the Monday's" ("Office Space" quote).
7. Hug or kiss someone.----Please do not do this to a random stranger at Target and then blame it on www.JavaAndJesus.com. Hug your children or friends. Kiss your spouse or significant other. Don't forget to hug your pets---unless you own a turtle.
8. Sit in silence.-----The death penalty sounds better to some of you than sitting in silence. Monks master this technique and while we do not wear awesome robes and sandals, we need to shut it and be silent sometimes. Spend a minutes in silence today. Check your heartbeat before and after this exercise. Slow down!
9. Listen to music.-----Jam out to some music that you need. Maybe you need a lot of beats or maybe you need to chill out in the jazz cafe'.